The Toda International Research Advisory Council (TIRAC)
The Toda International Research Advisory Council (TIRAC) is a group of distinguished scholars, recognised for their expertise in one or more of the Toda Peace Institute’s five thematic areas. TIRAC was convened in October 2020. TIRAC’s role is to guide and advise on Toda’s programme of research and workshops in the five thematic areas, through actively engaging with Toda, consulting with the Director and Senior Research Fellows, and providing links to academics, policy makers and practitioners around the world.
The current members of TIRAC are:
- Climate Change and Conflict: Kazuo Matsushita (Japan)
- Cooperative Security, Arms Control and Disarmament: Li Bin (China), Vladimir Baranovsky (Russia)
- New Technologies, Security and Peace: Denise Garcia (Brazil/USA), Stuart Casey-Maslen (UK)
- Peace and Security in Northeast Asia: Chung-in Moon (South Korea), Stein Tønnesson (Norway)
- Social Media, Technology and Peacebuilding: Iria Puyosa (Venezuela/USA)
For further details about the members of TIRAC, see the profiles below.