Compliance with laws, regulations and other norms
The Toda Peace Institute (hereinafter, "the Institute") will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and other norms in protecting the privacy and personal information of persons using the Institute's services.
Permission to use personal information
Submitting information is strictly voluntary. By doing so, you are giving the Institute your permission to use the information for the intended purpose. If you do not want to give the Institute permission to use your information, simply do not provide it. However, not providing certain information may result in the Institute 's inability to provide you with the information or services you desire.
Intended uses of personal information obtained
The personal information obtained from users within the scope of those purposes deemed necessary to the Institute's activities will be used by the Institute to contact users, to send out questionnaire surveys aimed at improving the Institute's operations, to notify users of symposiums, forums and other events being hosted, co-hosted or supported by the Institute, to send out publications issued by the Institute as well as other information and materials, and to serve as reference data when preparing content for the Institute's website. The personal information obtained from users will be appropriately handled within the scope of these intended uses and will not be provided to third parties, except when otherwise required by law or regulation.
Inquiries about personal information
Persons using the Institute's services wishing to inquire about their own personal information may contact the Institute, which will respond appropriately.
Information collected and stored automatically
Website access log
The Institute's website records visits and stores access logs. This information includes:
- The Internet domain from which you access our website (for example, "xcompany.com", or "yourschool.edu");
- The IP address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer) used to access our site;
- The operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The URLs of the pages you visit;
- If you visited this site from another website or search engine, the URL of the forwarding site.
This information will not be used for any purpose other than statistical analyses of website access trends and numbers of visits, and diagnoses of problems with the web server. The results of statistical analyses will be used to ascertain user access trends and will serve as reference data for future website administration.
The Institute's website may use session cookies* for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site. At no time is your private information, whether stored in cookies or elsewhere, shared with third parties who have no right to that information. If you do not wish to have session or persistent cookies stored on your machine, you can turn them off in your browser. However, this may affect the functioning of some sections of our site.
Security management measures
The Institute will endeavor to ensure/improve security to safely manage the personal information it has collected.
While complying with all relevant laws, regulations and other norms, the Institute will strive continuously to improve its efforts to protect personal information in line with changes to the operating environment.
Samon Eleven Bldg., 5th Floor
3-1 Samon-cho, Shinjuku-ku,
* A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to your computer to allow it to remember specific information about your session while you are connected. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it.